From frayed hemlines to patchwork, there are plenty of denim looks to try this season. And the latest trend is all about the raw-hem jeans and even Deepika Padukone is a fan! Recently, she was spotted at the airport wearing the frayed hem jeans with an oversized sweater.
And you can easily copy her style by reviving your old pair of jeans. Yes, you can reinvent your old jeans that are too long, dated or not exciting anymore. All you need to do is some cutting and ripping to give your old jeans a modern spin just like Deepika’s jeans. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Start by cutting off the hem to create a new, raw hem.
2. Next, for the fringe flares, mark from where you want the fringes to start.
3. Now cut horizontal stripes every 1 inch from the bottom of the hem till the marked line.
4. To achieve the rough look, just start pulling the horizontal white threads, which keeps the fabric together.
5. And lastly, run the jeans through the washer and dryer to get rough frayed fringes.